Update March 2015: Due to other time and work commitments, I am no longer taking requests for reviews. If I haven’t responded to your request sent before March 27th, please accept my apologies for the delay – you will hear from me soon!
Thanks so much for reading, and I hope you check back in for future Readfully posts. Best wishes in all your writing endeavors. I look forward to seeing you on the virtual or bookstore shelves!
While I read widely, I prefer reviewing in the following genres (so, feel free to request!):
- Women’s Fiction
- Contemporary Fiction
- Literary Fiction
- Clean/Inspirational Romance
- Christian Fiction
- Lighter Crime Fiction (think Castle)
- Young Adult
I do not read and will NOT review the following genres, so please do not contact me with:
- Sports Fiction
- Dark/Gory Crime Fiction
- Most Fantasy (though some fantasy elements/magical realism accepted)
- As a former English teacher, I am highly allergic to grammatical errors (incorrect comma usage in particular makes me break out in hives). If your book is not highly edited, please do not request a review as I’d hate to knock it down for that.
- A little profanity is fine if the situation calls for it, but if you have it sprinkled on every single page, I’m not the reviewer for you.
- I’m fine with difficult, adult situations and subjects, but I will not review books with gratuitous or sexually explicit scenes (light romance is fine).
- Just a personal preference: I hate any animal-in-peril or any other kind of abuse/torture scenes, so if your book features this, please don’t send as I won’t review.
- See past posts on my blog for examples of the types of books I like to review. I’m open to indie/self-published works, so if you think I’d like your book, request away!
- I do not give all positive reviews, but I will seek to find the positive in your book no matter what. If I can’t find anything, I’ll let you know and will refrain from posting a review. All criticisms will be handled professionally and with compassion (your book may not be right for me, but other readers may love it!)
- I’ll link my reviews to GoodReads and Amazon and include a “purchase button” for your book.
- I give “grades” as a nod to my former teaching career.
- I will read and review as quickly as possible, but please allow 2-4 weeks for reviews to post.
- I only accept e-copies of books (but can take advanced reader copies via e-file)
- While I do require a free copy of your book for a review, I do not take money or compensation in exchange for a review. Therefore all reviews are 100% my own opinion.
If you are an author, publisher, or reader that would like me to review a book, please contact me using the following form: